bicycling on the Puget Sound

bicycling on the Puget Sound
old railroad converted to a trail

Friday, May 27, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf-phase 1

2 lbs. Ground Turkey
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 orange pepper
1 sm. onion
2 eggs
1 c. riced cauliflower
1 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
1 can diced tomato

Directions:
1. In chopper or small processor, chop peppers and onion to fine
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Form into "loaf".  I pressed mine into the bottom of the bowl and then just pushed it out onto my hand using the natural curve of the bowl to slide it out.  It fit perfectly into my electric pressure cooker and I used my wire rack that goes inside it.
4. Pour can of tomato onto the top of the loaf then I used the can and filled it half way with water and poured that in too.
5. I pressure cooked mine on high for 35 min and used Natural Release.


I got this idea from my aunt who doesn't like to cook but she sure comes up with some good ideas and recipes...I think a bit of Italian Seasoning would be good in there, or something...I am sure you could bake this in the oven but I was short on time so just threw it together and let my pressure cooker do the work.  I love how it made the texture and will probably do it that way again.  The leftover juice would make an awesome soup base, but that will have to be for another post.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think this would be very good, but I had 2 helpings of it and then some for lunch the next day. Its really good.

    ReplyDelete