bicycling on the Puget Sound

bicycling on the Puget Sound
old railroad converted to a trail

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies, made with white beans-phase 4 (so far)

1/2 c. cooked white beans
1 c. brown sugar
4 eggs (1/4 c. egg powder + 1/2 c. water)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped

Directions:
1. Beat beans and sugar together.  Add eggs and vanilla
2. In separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Add flour mix to bean mix.  Stir until well blended.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Cover and refrigerate dough for one hour.
5. Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350° for 10-15 min.

I found this recipe on a food storage site and loved it!  Don't tell anybody you used beans and they often can't even tell!  There is almost no fat in this and its got all the right stuff in it!  I haven't tried doing this with a whole sweetener yet like agave nectar but that is something I am definitely going to attempt when I am on that phase in my diet!  This was a very happy recipe for me because it gave me a way to cook yummy chocolate chip cookies that I DON'T have to use Margarine or Crisco...I hate using that stuff when I don't have too.  I am pretty scared of margarine and allowed it in my home for Vanessa who can't have dairy...but we try really hard not to ever use it.

1 comment: