bicycling on the Puget Sound

bicycling on the Puget Sound
old railroad converted to a trail

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DF "Cream of Chicken Soup"

I never realized how much I used and depended on Cream of soup...whether chicken, mushroom...whichever...until I had to go Dairy Free for my child.  All of a sudden all those recipes were not an option until I found this...Bean Flour "Cream of Chicken Soup"...all of a sudden my recipes were once again an option and the best part...nobody knows the difference hehe...


Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup Recipe:

Grind: 4 T of any white bean (lima, navy, etc.) to make 5 T bean flour (I just use 5 Tbsp of garbanzo bean flour or fava bean flour cuz I don't have a Wondermill yet...)
• Combine: 5 T bean flour, 1 ¾ c. water , 4 t chicken bouillon into a saucepan
• Cook: On stovetop at medium temperature until thick and delicious (whisk frequently).The soup should cook in 3 minutes! (this may be longer if your grinder makes a very coarse flour).
Use this with cooked veggies and or meat for a complete meal.  You can also add this to recipes calling for cream of chicken soup cans (I have found this replaces a can plus the water or milk in recipes).

This recipe is from one of my favorite Food Storage websites called Food Storage Made Easy

loove the effort these gals put into healthy and food storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment