bicycling on the Puget Sound

bicycling on the Puget Sound
old railroad converted to a trail

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thai Peanut Sauce

I love Thai food...loooove it.  Most of it is lacking dairy and yet still tastes fabulous!  Peanut sauce I could eat by the spoonful.  This recipe is as good as it gets.  It gives me the peanut sauce flavor I crave from the restaurants and my DF kid loves it.





Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil ( I prefer coconut oil, but am currently out)
1 tsp. granulated garlic (or 2 cloves minced fresh garlic, fried in the oil)
2 Tbsp. Red Curry paste ( I used massaman curry paste from the Asian store)
1/2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1 1/4 c. Creamy Peanut butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 cans Coconut Milk

Directions:
1.  In sauce pan or wok heat oil and fry garlic if fresh.  Add curry and heat slightly.
2.  Whisk in 1 can coconut milk and add rest of the ingredients.
3.  Bring to a boil and boil for about a minute.

4.  I just steam veggies and boil chopped up chicken to add on top of my Jasmine rice and then ladle the peanut sauce over it all and enjoy.

I need to figure out how the Asian 1 makes their peanut sauce into a salad dressing...I would eat salad forever with that sauce on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment