bicycling on the Puget Sound

bicycling on the Puget Sound
old railroad converted to a trail

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bisquick type mix

This is a very basic type of mix that can be used in anything calling for Bisquick.  I am able to control ingredients in this one and it makes great biscuits!!

Ingredients:
2 c. White Flour
2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 c. Butter Flavored Crisco ( you could use plain Crisco)

Directions:
In Kitchen aid with Whisk attachment mix all ingredients until a fine crumble.


I store mine in a jar cuz I love jars.  Keeps in my Fridge or my freezer for months and months.  Probably years if I could keep it that long.  I haven't tried doubling it yet but I am pretty sure it would be fine.  This makes a great biscuit!  You could use plain crisco and add butter flavoring to it or even omit the butter flavoring but I like the butter flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment